This imposing and handsome detached farmhouse has origins dating back to 1702, the house was substantially extended in 1907 to add a further wing. The house has many interesting period features and a great deal of character and is set in large gardens and with the addition of outbuildings providing potential for conversion subject to planning permission. The accommodation is arranged over three floors and comprises of a reception hall with wooden entry door and sash window, the drawing room leads off to your right with large bay window to the side. The 20ft sitting room has windows to the side and front elevation with high ceilings and a wood burner. The formal dining room has double french doors from the hall and overlooks the front garden. The 23ft kitchen/breakfast room has been updated with white gloss wall and base cabinets with built in appliances and and space for a dining table and chairs and windows on three sides. From the rear hall there is access to a utility/laundry room, a cloakroom and cellar. On the first floor the landing opens into a study area with windows overlooking the main garden, the master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and walk in bay window, adjacent to the master bedroom is a large 19ft dressing room which has a wall of wardrobes and concealed door to the landing, this room has potential to be used as a further double bedroom. There are two further bedrooms on this floor, one with an ensuite cloakroom. There are stairs to the second attic floor level where there are two further attic bedrooms.
Set in its own private grounds of 0.60 acre with formal gardens to three sides and wide gravel parking driveway to the other. Approached via double electric gates from the road which leads to the side and rear of the property with ample carparking. To the right hand side as you approach is the kitchen garden adjacent to the detached garage block, this building provides 2 single size garages and a garden/mower store, planning permission had previously been granted for conversion to a granny annexe or ancillary accommodation to the main house, this permission is now lapsed. The gardens extend to the front of the house with a large lawn, mature trees, adjoining the house and accessed from the kitchen is a sheltered terrace area facing a southerly direction, the front of the property is bounded by an old stone wall. There are mature borders of shrubs, plants, bulbs and Yew trees. The large lawned gardens extend to the West side of the house with a terrace adjoining the front entrance and wide expanse of lawn, mature shrubs and specimen trees. Through part of the garden runs the old boundary wall which gives shelter and separates a further large lawn with orchard. To the rear of the property there is further gravelled parking.
The house is situatedon the edge of the village towards Ewelme, within the village there are an excellent range of amenities on the High Street including a Co-op supermarket, chemist, butchers shop, as well as a well regarded primary school, it is in the catchment area of Wallingford secondary school. There are two public houses, GP Surgery and a parish church. With local parks and pavilion an active tennis club and courts The village enjoys excellent access to Wallingford, Henley-on-Thames, Reading and Oxford, as well as to the M40 (approximately 15 mins to Junction 5 at Lewknor). Set in the rolling countryside of South Oxfordshire, there are walks and bridleways.
Mains electricity, drainage and oil fired central heating.
Council Tax band E (currently £1997.17 per annum)
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Purchasers must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.